IUPAP Working Group on Women in Physics
Supporting Women in Physics in Developing Countries
We have received funding to launch a new round of the IUPAP Travel Grants Program. This program was created to help fund women from developing and low-income countries, who may not have another opportunity, to attend a regional or international conferences, workshop or school. We expect to be able to fund approximately 20 to 25 grants, depending on the amounts awarded, with a maximum of $750.00 or less per grant.
Grant applications should be received no later than March 8, 2019. Recipients will be selected by the IUPAP Working Group on Women in Physics by the end of April 2019, and all applicants will be notified of the outcome by the first week of May 2019.
Only women physicists from low income developing countries may apply. Due to limited funding, those who have received a grant under this particular program within the last 2 years (2017/2018), are not eligible to apply for a grant in 2019.
Those interested in applying should submit the following information, via e‑mail as a WORD document only, or as text within the e‑mail. PLEASE DO NOT SEND AS A PDF FILE. If you attach files, please include your last name on each file document.
1. Complete contact information including name, mailing address, e‑mail and phone number.
2. Years since your Ph.D. (or undergraduate degree for graduate students) was granted.
3. Brief description of the conference, school, or workshop you wish to attend (including date of conf., place to be held, & website if available) and if you will be making a presentation.
4. Brief statement of how attending the conference will enhance your career.
5. If you have attended any regional or international conferences before, please list them.
6. A breakdown of the amount of money required to attend (Ex: Airfare, registration fee, meals). The maximum award is $750 US, therefore if your trip cost exceeds this amount please state how you will fund the balance of the cost.
7. List your publications from the last 5 years.
8. One Letter of recommendation.
Send all information to Lee Bullis at, firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business (5:00p.m. US EDT) on March 8, 2019.
Gillian Butcher, Chair, IUPAP Working Group on Women in Physics
Lilia Meza Montes, Vice Chair, IUPAP Working Group on Women in Physics
Lee Bullis, Secretary, IUPAP Working Group on Women in Physics