IUPAP Working Group on Women in Physics
Supporting Women in Physics in Developing Countries
We have received funding to launch a new round of the IUPAP Travel Grants Program. This program was created to help fund women from developing and low income countries, who may not have another opportunity, to attend a regional or international conferences, workshop or school. We expect to be able to fund approximately 25 grants at a maximum of $700.00 or less per grant.
Grant applications should be received no later than May 9, 2016. Recipients will be selected by the IUPAP Working Group on Women in Physics by Mid-May, and all applicants will be notified of the outcome by the first week of June, 2016.
Only women physicists from low income developing countries may apply. Due to limited funding, those who have received a grant in the past, under this program, are not eligible for a second grant.
Those interested in applying for a grant should submit the following information, via e mail as a WORD document only or as text within the e mail. PLEASE DO NOT SEND AS A PDF FILE. If you attach files, please include your last name on all the file documents.
1. Complete contact information including name, address, e mail and phone number.
2. Years since your Ph.D (or undergraduate degree for graduate students) was granted.
3. Brief description of the conference, school, or workshop you wish to attend (including date of conf., place to be held, & website if available) and if you will be making a presentation.
4. Brief statement of how attending the conference will enhance your career.
5. If you have attended any regional or international conferences, please list them.
6. A breakdown of the amount of money required to attend (Ex: Airfare, registration fee, meals). The maximum award is $700 US, therefore if your trip cost exceeds this amount please state how you will fund the balance of the cost.
7. List your publications from the last 5 years.
8. One Letter of recommendation.
Send all information to Jackie Beamon Kiene at, email@example.com by close of business (5:00p.m. US EDT) on May 9, 2016.
Igle Gledhill, Chair, IUPAP Working Group on Women in Physics
Gillian Butcher, Vice Chair, IUPAP Working Group on Women in Physics
Jackie Beamon-Kiene, Admin., IUPAP Working Group on Women in Physics